Wet food prepared with Fleischsaftgarung
The FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) creates the important properties of our wet food that are so appreciated by dog lovers:
FSG wet food is a delight for your dog and comes completely without attractants, flavourings, colourings, odours and flavour enhancers. The reasons for this are:
- The vacuum: The meat cooks under vacuum. So nothing is lost, not even natural flavours, as it is the case with boiling.
- No added water: Fresh meat (muscle meat, no offal) is cooked in the meat juice. By not adding cooking water or broth, FSG wet food remains undiluted and tasty.
FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) makes our wet food as nutrient-rich as BARF diet. The reasons are:
- The vacuum: All the natural vitamins and nutrients of the meat are completely preserved.
- The low temperature: Due to the low temperature, during FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) the vitamins and nutrients are preserved.
- No added water: With FSG (Fleischsaftgarung), fresh meat is cooked only in its own meat juices. By not adding cooking water or broth, the natural vitamins and nutrients of the meat are not diluted. Therefore, the amount of food that meets the needs of the dog is significantly lower, compared to most wet food. Smaller quantity of food relieves the stomach and digestive system, which has a positive effect on long-term health.
FSG meat is digested better and utilised more effectively by dogs, than any other food:
- The dog's digestive system has hardly changed during domestication. Meat is still the most important source of nutrition. Proteins denatured with FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) are digested better than raw meat.
- The faeces resulting from FSG dog food is correspondingly small, dimensionally stable and has no obtrusive aroma. The consistency of the faeces makes it easier for your dog to pass it (once or twice a day).
In a world full of advertising promises, it is hard to tell the good from the bad. That is why we have commissioned TÜV Süd Elab (now ELAB Analytik GmbH) to test our dog food regularly and independently. What is tested:
- Our fresh meat content: testing of recipe compliance at the preparation site.
- For harmful substances, to protect the health of your best friend.
- Our declaration
Further information is available at: www.elab-analytik.de/platinum-english/
Reaching the core temperature in cans requires much longer heating than in Tetra-Recart® cartons due to the shape of the can. The canned meat is often overcooked at the rim by the time the meat in the centre of the can reaches core temperature. Along with the meat, the flavour of the canned meat also gets affected. That is why wet food prepared with FSG (Fleischsaftgarung) is only available in Tetra Recart® cartons.
Compared to cans, Tetra Recart® cartons are also
- More environmentally friendly,
- More space-saving and
- Easier to handle